Saturday, September 11, 2010

Leadership

Over the years I have taken notice to people with leadership roles and I have also been in leadership positions myself. In my opinion, effective leaders are able to influence a person or group of people to complete a certain task or execute a mission. Leaders take the initiative and they also provide a path or direction for others to follow. Leaders assist in resolving conflicts, bring ideas to the table, communicate effectively, and provide an example for others. I recall being in a club in high school. We were notable around campus because we were a special group of individuals that had requirements to be a part of this club. We were looked upon as role models and leaders. We had the qualifications to be young men and women of excellence and quality. We were mentors for other students and helped them to become better students and better persons in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment